Understanding the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Excelling in dental health does not only concern proper dental hygiene. If you do not feel good about your teeth, then you miss the whole point of taking care of your oral health. The appearance of your teeth should matter just as much as their health.
In that case, you should not hesitate to brighten your smile by having your teeth whitened by a professional. Professional teeth whitening has indeed proven very useful in impacting the confidence levels of patients.
What Is Dental Whitening?
It is a procedure done to improve the color of teeth. In many cases, teeth whitening is performed to remove stains on teeth. However, some patients opt for teeth whitening as a means to improve the aesthetic appearance of their smile.
When you solicit teeth whitening services near you, there is no particular limitation to it. The whitening process does not meddle with the health of your teeth. Instead, the goal is to improve how your teeth appear.
When Is Teeth Whitening Necessary?
Anyone can have their teeth whitened. However, tooth discoloration is the main reason why people seek to whiten their teeth. Some of the reasons why your teeth may be discolored include:
- Food stains – if you are particularly fond of heavily pigmented foods, your teeth may be discolored over time. Such foods include wines, coffees, and teas.
- Medication – some types of drugs prescribed by a doctor can negatively affect the appearance of your teeth. While you may still need medication to heal and recover, teeth whitening may also be necessary to maintain the color of your teeth.
- Enamel thinning – over time the enamels of teeth wear off. It, therefore, exposes the dentin, which is the layer beneath it. Since the dentin is duller than the enamel, your teeth no longer appear as white as they should be. Enamel thinning happens mostly due to aging. However, high consumption of acidic foods like lemons can also speed up the thinning of your teeth’ enamels.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening?
There is a reason why dentists are trained on how to whiten teeth. While there are many alternatives for whitening teeth at your disposal, getting them professionally whitened has incredible benefits you may not have known. They include the following:
- Safety – one of the primary reasons why you should turn to a dentist in Downtown Toronto for teeth whitening is safe. The products used to whiten teeth are often corrosive and abrasive. Without putting forth the necessary measures, you stand to damage your teeth as well as your gums. Zoom teeth whitening maintains highs safety stands during the procedure. The dentist attending to you will use the right concentration of whitening agents and use a protectant for your gums. This is why you will hardly notice any severe tooth sensitivity after whitening your teeth in a dental office near you.
- Improved oral hygiene – professional teeth whitening procedures follow a dental cleaning session. A dental hygienist will first clean your teeth to rid them of plaque and tartar. After the cleaning session, the brightness of your teeth will already start showing. Afterward, the whitening procedure commences.
- Immediate results – you do not have to wait for days or weeks before you can begin to notice a change in the color of your teeth. Teeth whitening in Downtown Toronto has immediate results, so that, by the time the dentist is done with your teeth, your smile will be whiter and brighter than before.
- Longer lasting results – compared to home methods for whitening teeth, professional teeth whitening has longer-lasting results. You may not need to have a repeat procedure for up to a year when the other treatments serve you for about 3 months or less.
- The advantage of dental exams – a dentist will not randomly whiten your teeth without first conducting a dental exam. The exam will allow your Little Italy dentist to monitor the state of your teeth. The benefit here is that a dentist can easily detect any anomalies in your mouth, ranging from cavities and mouth sores in your gums. This is not something you can do for yourself when you consider at-home whitening techniques.